Serve the rfissa by placing the chicken in the middle of the plate surrounded by m’semen. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with almonds. Moroccan recipe.
Prep time: 2 h 15 MINUTES
Cook time: 2h
Rest time: 45 MINUTES
Total time: 4h15 MINUTES
- 1 free-range chicken of 1.750 kg
- 2 kg 500 large onions
- 1/4 tsp oil
- 2.5 bowls of wheat flour
- 1 bowl of white flour
- 1 bowl of oil
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- coloring saffron
- a few pistils of pure saffron
- 250 g fried and crushed almonds
- salt pepper
1. Mix the two flours in a large hollow dish, with the salt and pour in the water gradually.
2. Knead vigorously to obtain a smooth dough. Add water if necessary.
3. Make small balls, and brush them with oil.
4. Flatten them with your fingers to obtain small circles.
5. Arrange them on top of each other and cut them by crushing them with your fingers.
6. Until you get 2 large sheets the thickness of a sheet of paper.
7. Spread the two sheets thinly, brushing them with oil.
8. To form a single sheet of circular shape, larger and almost transparent.
9. Over low heat, cook the pastry sheet on a smooth, lightly oiled pan, brown it on both sides.
10. Place on absorbent paper and repeat the operation for the rest of the balls.
11. Once all the dough is cooked, separate each sheet that you have previously glued to obtain several thin sheets.
12. Roll up and cut the leaves, using scissors, into small pieces 1 cm thick.
13. After breaking them up, put them in the colander of the couscoussier.
14. In the couscous pot, put the chicken, chopped onions, oil, parsley, coriander, and spices.
15. Then salt and pepper. Sear the chicken and add 2 liters of water.
16. While the chicken is cooking, remove the lid and replace it with the couscoussier strainer containing the m’semmen pieces.
17. Cool them down for about 6 minutes. Open and cook for 35 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
18. While keeping the sauce to water the m’semmen.