Accompanied by a seasoned green salad, the chicken and zucchini pastilla recipe is ideal to enjoy for dinner.
Prep time: 20 MINUTES
Cook time: 35 MINUTES
Total time: 55 MINUTES
- 8 brick sheets
- 400 g chicken breasts
- 4 zucchini
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 75g soft butter
- salt, pepper to taste
- Icing sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C or th. 8.
2. Wash, dry, then chop the fresh coriander. Reserve it on a first plate.
3. Peel and wash the onions. Also, wash the courgettes. On a kitchen board, slice these two vegetables into strips, then set them aside on a second plate.
4. With a suitable knife, cut the chicken breasts into regular pieces on a kitchen board.
5. Then take a frying pan, and put 25 g of soft butter in it to melt over medium heat.
6. When the butter is melted, place the chicken pieces in the pan and brown them for 10 minutes.
7. Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and cumin powder. Mix well and leave them for a few more minutes over low heat.
8. At the end of cooking, remove the chicken pieces from the pan and keep them warm on a third plate.
9. Then put the sliced onions and zucchini in the same pan used to cook the chicken pieces.
10. Place the pan over medium heat, then cook the minced vegetables for 5 minutes. Season the minced meat by adding salt and pepper, then add the chicken pieces. Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
11. Sprinkle the chopped cilantro over the preparation in the pan. Leave to cook for a few more minutes over low heat, stirring regularly, then remove from the heat and set aside.
12. Melt the remaining soft butter in a bowl in the microwave. Using a pastry brush, coat an ovenproof pie pan with it.
13. Coat each pastry sheet with melted butter, still using the brush, then place them one on top of the other in the buttered pie dish.
14. Pour the vegetable and chicken preparation on top, well in the center, then fold the pastry sheets towards the center to trap the preparation and obtain the pastilla.
15. Pour the remaining melted butter on top of the pastilla, then spread it using the brush.
16. Put the pastilla in the preheated oven and cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
17. At the end of cooking, take the pastilla out of the oven and turn it out onto a presentation dish. If desired, sprinkle the pastilla with a thin layer of icing sugar.
18. Serve immediately with a seasoned green salad.